What To Do When Your Met Ball Star’s Got -------
A Baby Bump? No Sweat—Just Go Custom
It was fitting that IWC Schaffhausen chose a space on the Culver Studios lot for the U.S. debut of their latest collaboration with famed photog Peter Lindbergh: Its stars are, well, Hollywood stars. But the vibe of the new campaign is more Dolce Vita than Sunset Boulevard, in homage to the Italian spirit of the watchmaker’s new Portofino collection. Patrick Dempsey, Isabel Lucas, Shiva Rose, and even Sylvester Stallone came by for a look, but of all the portraits, Rebecca Gayheart expressed a family preference when picking her favorite. “I came to see all of Peter [Lindbergh]’s amazing photos, but of course I’m most excited to see my husband’s,” Gayheart told Style.com of the action shot of hubby Eric Dane. He appears in the black-and-white shots alongside Kevin Spacey, Cate Blanchett, Jean Reno, and Elle Macpherson.
Fresh off of styling Jessica Alba’s Patrick Demarchelier-shot ads for Piaget, Brad Goreski mingled and excitedly talked about his new Bravo show, It’s a Brad Brad World, which just started filming. “You’ll get to see a lot of different tones of my life in the show. There’s my crazy, busy work life, my home life, and just about everything in between. They’re catching the ups and they’re catching my downs.” Goreski narrowly missed his former boss and fellow Bravo star, Rachel Zoe, who was enjoying her first public post-baby appearance after working from home for the past month. Though she was eager to enjoy date night with her husband, Zoe couldn’t help but bring her work with her. Clad in a tuxedo jumpsuit from her Fall ’11 collection, her focus was on Monday’s Met ball. “I’m dressing Eva Mendes and Kate Hudson, and Kate just looks so incredible pregnant.” As for Hudson’s burgeoning baby bump, “It doesn’t really need much; we just had stuff made for her, which we always do anyway for the Met,” Zoe revealed while carefully staying mum on who the actresses will be wearing.
- EDM’s Biggest Moneymaker, Johnny Depp’s New Father-Daughter Project, and More of the News You Missed Today
- Telfar Clemens Pops Up at Opening Ceremony and Hints at His Plans for NYFW
- A Bustle Is Forever—Especially When It’s Made by Yohji Yamamoto
- EXCLUSIVE: Made Fashion Week’s Spring 2015 Lineup
- Editor Obsessions: Perfect Trousers From Maison Martin Margiela
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more