What’s Kurt’s Is Yours: -------
Own Cobain’s Own Nirvana Albums
Next week, James Franco, Yoko Ono, Marina Abramovic, and more hit the legendary nightclub AREA—no matter that it closed in 1987. The New York nightspot is being recreated for Creative Time’s spring gala by its original owners and creative directors, Serge Becker and Eric Goode. (Becker went on to create The Box and La Esquina; Goode, the Bowery Hotel and the Jane Hotel.) The scene won’t be the only vintage part of the evening. As part of the silent auction, Creative Time fan Courtney Love has donated a selection of vinyl from her late husband’s collection to be sold for the cause. Cobain’s own copies of Smells Like Teen Spirit, Talking Heads’ Talking Heads:77, and an EP single of Nirvana’s “Come as You Are” are set to hit the block. Fair warning, they’re sold as-is. Or should that be As They Are?
For tickets, visit Creativetime.org.
- Anya Hindmarch’s New Bespoke Shop at Bergdorf’s Will Connect Customers With Craftsmen
- Style.com’s Dirk Standen Gets Coveteur’d
- EXCLUSIVE: Gareth Pugh Offers Up a First Look at His Disruptive Spring ’15
- EXCLUSIVE: Rodarte Joins Forces With Rachel Zoe
- EXCLUSIVE: Kerry Washington Talks Movado, Dressing Olivia Pope, and That Two-Piece Prada Look
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more