Andrea Dellal Gives Back—With An Epic Party, Naturally-------
The Brazil Foundation gala won’t be until the fall, but the buzz began yesterday night at Fatima Otero’s marvelous town house in the West Village. Olivier Theyskens, Shala Monroque, Adam Lippes, Luigi Tadini, and more were there to celebrate the gala’s just-announced honoree, Andrea Dellal. Dellal (above left), the London-based social and matriarch of the large Dellal clan—her daughters are Charlotte Olympia designer Charlotte Dellal and model Alice Dellal; her son, Alex Dellal, runs the iPad magazine POST—is one of the most visible Brazilians on the social scene. After so many years living outside her country, Dellal said, it was time to give it back. “Brazil is a rich country, but the gap is still huge between the upper and lower class,” she explained. “It’s time to join forces, between all of us, and give back to those who need most.” One way to give, of course, is by buying a ticket to the September 19 event, which takes place at the New York Public Library. Expect plenty of Valentino: label heavy and jewelry designer Carlos de Souza (above center, with Otero, right) is doing the list this year, and the house is co-sponsoring the event. A hot list of Brazilian artists will be donating art to be auctioned, too. Last year’s $2.5 million raised could even be topped this year—especially if, as last year, Brazil’s most visible fashion plate, Gisele, takes to the mic to sell the dress off her back.
To find out more and purchase tickets, visit www.brazilfoundation.org.
Among The 2011 ANDAM Prize Nominees ›
- First Karl, Now Cannes: Creatives Can’t Get Enough of the Old West
- Runway to Red Carpet: Dress Hems Are on the Rise
- Required Reading: Parsons The New School for Design Releases Its First Book
- Regarding Susan Sontag: A New Doc on Her Force of Personality and Brainpower
- #CookingWithZac: Zac Posen’s Passover Chocolate Mousse With Hazelnut Oil
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more