McQueen And Beyond: The Complete Rundown Of Daphne Guinness’ Barneys Windows Looks
How chic is that Daphne in the window? Daphne Guinness made a much publicized vitrine debut yesterday at Barneys, where the fashion-forward social took to the windows to prepare for the Met gala and show off some truly covetable wares from her collection and from Isabella Blow’s. She’s shared the full list of pieces that co-starred with her behind glass exclusively with Style.com. Read on for the enviable closet stock.
Window #1: Isabella Blow
1. Alexander McQueen mauve silk brocade and black lace appliqué evening jacket with lock of hair in a transparent pocket. Dante Collection.
2. Purple, coiled plastic and chiffon wrap.
3. Alexander McQueen ruched, pale pink chiffon dress with leather bodice.
4. Gold and cream embroidered Chinese kimono and scarf.
5. Philip Treacy pink squid hat.
6. Alexander McQueen antiqued gold-embroidered dress.
7. Alexander McQueen seamed leather coat.
8. Philip Treacy gold horn hat.
9. Philip Treacy black coil hat with crystals.
10. Philip Treacy black veil hat.
11. Teerable Sondvitch shoulder cape and matching skirt of red ombré paillettes.
12. Alexander McQueen mirror dress composed of overlapping paillettes.
13. Philip Treacy hat with turquoise spikes.
14. Alexander McQueen black lace dress with trailing headdress. Fall 1996.
15. Yoshiki Hishinuma red and white dress.
16. Blond horse-hair outfit with tresses.
17. Embroidered red and gold Chinese kimono.
18. Alexander McQueen black cowhide dress with seaming and tulle underskirt.
19. Philip Treacy straw and neoprene “A” hat.
20. Comme des Garçons black silk jacket.
21. Viktor & Rolf black Lurex pantsuit with oversized pompom trim.
22. John Galliano black and white velvet coat.
Window #3: Daphne Guinness
1. L’Wren Scott green and gray striped satin coat.
2. Alexander McQueen black satin hourglass dress.
3. Daphne Guinness’ own blue tuxedo jacket.
4. David Koma ivory long-sleeved dress with peplum and sheer insets.
5. Daphne Guinness’ own three-quarter-sleeved, ivory satin cape with train.
6. Gareth Pugh black vinyl pantsuit.
7. Haider Ackermann charcoal ostrich-feather sleeveless dress.
8. Alexander McQueen long iridescent blue silk cape.
9. Chanel black satin dress with sequined sleeves and fringe trim.
10. Balmain dark blue sequined dress with peaked shoulders.
11. Alexander McQueen dress with pale green and blue paillettes.
12. Alexander McQueen gray wool short-sleeved pencil dress.
13. Daphne Guinness’ own gray satin coat with cropped sleeves.
14. Threeasfour long gray robe with lace detail.
15. Gareth Pugh two-tone gray cap-sleeved dress.
16. Rick Owens pale gray crepe jacket with cascading neckline.
17. Hogan McLaughlin deep red catsuit.
18. Chanel ivory floral-embroidered long-sleeved minidress.
19. Natacha Marro gray glitter platform shoes.
20. Natacha Marro blue floral platform shoes.
21. Massarro metallic silver platform shoes.
22. Natacha Marro blue glitter platform shoes.
23. Hogan McLaughlin red leather platform shoes.
Window #4: Isabella Blow
Renowned for creating his own fabrics, designer Yoshiki Hishinuma pairs the workmanship, attention to detail, and labor-intensive processes of traditional Japanese textile-making with innovative techniques and the synthetic materials to produce stunning results. In the 1980′s, he designed a series of garments he called Kite Clothes and Air Clothes that incorporated the element of wind as part of the design. This concept led to the evolution of unique and fantastic shapes as displayed in this parachute dress from the collection of Isabella Blow.
Window #5: Daphne Guinness
1. Chanel long black silk coat with red lining.
2. Daphne Guinness’ own red tuxedo jacket.
3. Hogan McLaughlin corset with chains and spikes.
4. Vintage Moroccan gold-embroidered cream silk vest.
5. Gareth Pugh black ribbed dress.
6. Alexander McQueen long, black sequined cape with a red-lined hood.
7. Alexander McQueen tweed jacket with shawl collar and red paint details.
8. Vintage Pauline Trigère red chiffon dress.
9. Vintage Chinese dragon-embroidered kimono.
10. Alexander McQueen rhinestone catsuit.
11. Threeasfour ruffled black tulle dress.
12. Alexander McQueen gold sequined gown.
13. Daphne Guinness’ own black feather cape.
14. Vintage gold-sequined three-quarter-length coat.
15. Hogan McLaughlin mirror winged shoe.
16. Alexander McQueen gown with green feather and sequined bodice and tulle skirt.
17. Daphne Guinness’ own black wool jacket with long tails.
18. Chanel metallic silver three-quarter-length coat.
19. Oscar de la Renta sleeveless silver and gold sequined dress.
20. Alexander McQueen black cap-sleeve dress with padded shoulders and belt.
21. Nina Ricci black lace-up platform boots.
22. Daphne Guinness’ own blue platform shoes.
23. Nina Ricci light magenta platform shoes.
24. Daphne Guinness’ own gold-studded and rhinestone red platform shoes.