Shopping For Art Like The Pros-------
Knicks power forward Amar’e Stoudemire has been turning up on the fashion circuit more and more of late, making him New York’s no. 2 athlete-to-invite. (Pride of place goes, of course, to Sean Avery, who recently further endeared himself to the fashion community by taping a public service announcement in favor of marriage equality.) At last night’s Whitney Art Party, Style.com caught up with Stoudemire to see if he was planning to bid on any of the silent auction’s pieces, but learned that, no, that’s not the baller way. “I shop in a different sort of way,” he explained. “I like to go into an art gallery and describe what I want.” At a certain tax bracket, it’s ask and you shall receive, apparently. And it’s not restricted to art alone. Stoudemire can soon look forward to dictating fashion, too: He’s currently working with Rachel Roy on designs for her Rachel Rachel Roy contemporary label, which sells at Macy’s.
For all the photos from last night’s event, click here.
- What to Buy This Weekend: Labor Day Designer Steals
- Abercrombie Loses the Logo, Angelina Jolie’s Wedding Dress Details, and More of the News You Missed Today
- EXCLUSIVE: Barbie’s New Designer Looks by Rebecca Taylor, Tess Giberson, and More
- Get Inked: 10 Models Show Off Their Tattoos
- Mary Katrantzou Liberates the Letter Sweater
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more