How He Made It In America-------
HBO’s fashion drama How to Make It in America returns to the air for its second season October 2—with a difference. “We are loaded,” star Bryan Greenberg said at last night’s New York premiere of Friends With Benefits. “We made it now.”
Well, almost. Season one found Greenberg’s character, Ben, and his business partner, Cam (Victor Rasuk), struggling to launch their denim line. John Varvatos appeared in a cameo to offer some direction. This season, Greenberg revealed, the line is on the brink of massive success, and the on-screen and real-life fashion worlds collide once again. Though the focus is more on “street fashion” this time around, Isaac Mizrahi will guest.
Though he might play an aspiring fashion entrepreneur on television, Greenberg admits he’s still raising his style profile. “I’m starting to get into it, but I’m from the Midwest and it’s not naturally my thing,” he said. “I am a more jeans and T-shirt guy, but my producer told me I needed to step my fashion game up—direct quote—so I’m trying.” Trying in Dior Homme, we should add.
- Prince George Turns 1, Makes Headlines
- Fifty Shades of Grey Director Sam Taylor-Johnson Takes Us Inside Coco Chanel’s Paris Pad
- Editor Obsessions: Issey Miyake’s Bao Bao Platinum Tote
- Zac Posen Loves Tibetan Singing Bowls, Is Opposed to Neutering Culture
- Hood by Air Debuts Pre-Spring Collection and a Vision for the Future
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more