How He Made It In America-------
HBO’s fashion drama How to Make It in America returns to the air for its second season October 2—with a difference. “We are loaded,” star Bryan Greenberg said at last night’s New York premiere of Friends With Benefits. “We made it now.”
Well, almost. Season one found Greenberg’s character, Ben, and his business partner, Cam (Victor Rasuk), struggling to launch their denim line. John Varvatos appeared in a cameo to offer some direction. This season, Greenberg revealed, the line is on the brink of massive success, and the on-screen and real-life fashion worlds collide once again. Though the focus is more on “street fashion” this time around, Isaac Mizrahi will guest.
Though he might play an aspiring fashion entrepreneur on television, Greenberg admits he’s still raising his style profile. “I’m starting to get into it, but I’m from the Midwest and it’s not naturally my thing,” he said. “I am a more jeans and T-shirt guy, but my producer told me I needed to step my fashion game up—direct quote—so I’m trying.” Trying in Dior Homme, we should add.
- First Karl, Now Cannes: Creatives Can’t Get Enough of the Old West
- Runway to Red Carpet: Dress Hems Are on the Rise
- Required Reading: Parsons The New School for Design Releases Its First Book
- Regarding Susan Sontag: A New Doc on Her Force of Personality and Brainpower
- #CookingWithZac: Zac Posen’s Passover Chocolate Mousse With Hazelnut Oil
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more