A Charitable Confederacy-------
Confederacy co-founder and stylist Ilaria Urbinati has teamed up with Tim Foster of Pennyroyal Studio to create a limited-edition pendant necklace featuring sea-inspired charms ($100), with all proceeds going to THERAsurf.
“THERAsurf is a way of bringing surfing’s incredibly therapeutic benefits to kids with autism and other special needs,” she told Style.com at last night’s Confederacy party to celebrate their efforts. She was joined at the shop by Benjamin Bratt, Krysten Ritter, Sarah Shahi, Confederacy co-owner Danny Masterson, and host Scott Caan. “It just really changed surfing for me,” Caan, who has taken several kids out surfing, says of his work with the organization. “To this day, I love bringing kids that experience.”
Urbinati’s got everyone lending a hand in one way or another; she also commissioned Band of Outsiders’ Scott Sternberg and retail partner Rebecca Minkoff to create special items. Cue a Polaroid-print-emblazoned polo from Band and one of Minkoff’s hold-all raffia totes.
- First Karl, Now Cannes: Creatives Can’t Get Enough of the Old West
- Runway to Red Carpet: Dress Hems Are on the Rise
- Required Reading: Parsons The New School for Design Releases Its First Book
- Regarding Susan Sontag: A New Doc on Her Force of Personality and Brainpower
- #CookingWithZac: Zac Posen’s Passover Chocolate Mousse With Hazelnut Oil
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more