A Charitable Confederacy-------
Confederacy co-founder and stylist Ilaria Urbinati has teamed up with Tim Foster of Pennyroyal Studio to create a limited-edition pendant necklace featuring sea-inspired charms ($100), with all proceeds going to THERAsurf.
“THERAsurf is a way of bringing surfing’s incredibly therapeutic benefits to kids with autism and other special needs,” she told Style.com at last night’s Confederacy party to celebrate their efforts. She was joined at the shop by Benjamin Bratt, Krysten Ritter, Sarah Shahi, Confederacy co-owner Danny Masterson, and host Scott Caan. “It just really changed surfing for me,” Caan, who has taken several kids out surfing, says of his work with the organization. “To this day, I love bringing kids that experience.”
Urbinati’s got everyone lending a hand in one way or another; she also commissioned Band of Outsiders’ Scott Sternberg and retail partner Rebecca Minkoff to create special items. Cue a Polaroid-print-emblazoned polo from Band and one of Minkoff’s hold-all raffia totes.
- The Problem With Google’s Driverless Car, Downton Abbey‘s Strange Underwear Rules, and More of the News You Missed Today
- Dressing for Fame: Penny Lovell Talks Working With Taylor Schilling, Sex and the City‘s Lasting Influence, and More
- Editor Obsessions: Rainbow’s Cheap Fashion Thrills
- Summer Fridays: Out of Office With ArtBinder App Founder Alexandra Chemla
- Through Cédric’s Eyes: Devon Aoki in Jeremy Scott
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more