A Rock Star Welcome For Theyskens-------
“London is a place where you need days to just wander around and look at everything,” Olivier Theyskens tells Style.com. “Since I don’t have that time, I put the emphasis on my friends and see all of them first.” What better way, then, to see everyone than to throw a party—in this case, one of the most frenzied fêtes from all of London fashion week.
When the designer finally made it through the doors at the Sanderson Hotel last night, the crowd, including Kristen McMenamy, Erin O’Connor, and Irina Lazareanu, reached new levels of hysteria. But Theyskens wasn’t the only heavyweight star of the night; the event’s co-host was Twin, the biannual magazine that launched its latest issue this week, which is really more book than magazine. “Twin approached us and we really liked their concept and felt like we had a shared aesthetic. Really, the Twin and Theory girl are the same—a cool girl who can create her own looks by combining her everyday wardrobe with some key fashion pieces.” As an added bonus: “It weighs a ton—a good workout,” said the designer.
- Of Clothes and Cats: Adrian Joffe and Simone Rocha Have a Heartfelt Chat in Love‘s Latest Issue
- Tim Blanks Remembers Fendi’s Fall ’91 Hippies in Fur Collection
- Ali Hewson and Danielle Sherman Open Up About Edun’s Future
- EXCLUSIVE: Opening Ceremony’s Carol Lim on the Brand’s New London Shop, Baby OC, and More
- Rock-Star Style: Get With the Band
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more