Nur’s Crystal Castle-------
Nur Khan wants to make life easy for you. Here’s how: The New York nightlife vet puts together a live show at his old venue, Hiro, then does the after-party next door at his new place, the Electric Room at Dream Downtown. The pattern ensued last night, starting with a DeLeon-sponsored performance by the Toronto electro act Crystal Castles, which drew the likes of Amy Sacco, Jessica White, and Shaun White.
“Just march right through here,” Khan explained, trudging through an underground corridor, “and it’s a straight shot without going outside and around the corner.” It’s an especially perfect setup for celebrities to escape from the wave of paparazzi that might be lingering outside. As Khan pushed into the same set of double doors he’d whisked Courtney Love through last week, he discovered the doors were locked. Khan took a swig of his beer and said, “I haven’t slept in two days.”
Khan’s lack of sleep is because he’s been playing host to some of fashion week’s biggest bashes, and things aren’t likely to slow down anytime soon, considering the buzz around the venue. After the deafening, dance-inspiring show there last night, Khan, true to form, brought Castles’ Alice Glass and Ethan Kath next door for the after-party. We’re guessing he’d gotten the doors unlocked by then.
- First Karl, Now Cannes: Creatives Can’t Get Enough of the Old West
- Runway to Red Carpet: Dress Hems Are on the Rise
- Required Reading: Parsons The New School for Design Releases Its First Book
- Regarding Susan Sontag: A New Doc on Her Force of Personality and Brainpower
- #CookingWithZac: Zac Posen’s Passover Chocolate Mousse With Hazelnut Oil
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more