Battle Of The Fashion Weeks Continues-------
“We can’t move the dates earlier in September as they would interfere with Labor Day,” Steven Kolb said yesterday. “If Milan goes before New York, how would that work?”
That’s the question fashion insiders are asking right now as they sort out the international fashion week calendar for 2012. Since New York decided to start the runway shows after Labor Day next year, the week of September 13, Italians are threatening to move the Milan shows earlier “to satisfy production needs,” WWD reports.
Right now, Italian designers are contemplating three different options: show in July, show before New York fashion week in September, or let Milan and London overlap. They have yet to reach a decision.
- What to Buy This Weekend: Labor Day Designer Steals
- Abercrombie Loses the Logo, Angelina Jolie’s Wedding Dress Details, and More of the News You Missed Today
- EXCLUSIVE: Barbie’s New Designer Looks by Rebecca Taylor, Tess Giberson, and More
- Get Inked: 10 Models Show Off Their Tattoos
- Mary Katrantzou Liberates the Letter Sweater
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more