With this indecisive fall weather, sunglasses can easily become a forgotten mishap. That is, unless you’re sporting a pair from Bulgari’s new Le Gemme line. The jewelry company threw a fête at the Soho branch of Ilori to celebrate the haute joaillerie sunglasses, and considering the price tags—styles reached upward to $44,000 with rose gold, colored gems, and diamonds—the collection wasn’t the kind to be carelessly misplaced.
“I’ve worn one of the black sunglasses with the little flowers on the side out in Cannes,” Kirsten Dunst said. The Melancholia actress pulled off the retro fifties- and sixties-inspired cat-eye shape with aplomb, encased for the evening in polished glass cases with walls of real foliage and climbing roses as backdrop. She had more trouble on the Pasadena, California, shoot for the fragrance Bulgari Jasmin Noir. “It was a stuffed lion, so not the easiest co-star,” Dunst said. “There was a real lion, but he was kept separate. It was the same lion as the Narnia film The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.” Notable felines seemed to be a theme for the night. Hannah Bronfman, Jessica Joffe, and Ten lingerie’s Daphne Javitch were among the admirers of the blinged accessories. Bronfman, though, had clothing in mind. “I’ve just been working on the upcoming collection,” she said of her collaboration with Organic by John Patrick, due out next spring.
- What to Buy This Weekend: Labor Day Designer Steals
- Abercrombie Loses the Logo, Angelina Jolie’s Wedding Dress Details, and More of the News You Missed Today
- EXCLUSIVE: Barbie’s New Designer Looks by Rebecca Taylor, Tess Giberson, and More
- Get Inked: 10 Models Show Off Their Tattoos
- Mary Katrantzou Liberates the Letter Sweater
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more