There’s a Brazilian saying that goes, for a good party, you need a good mix of people. The gathering I attended last night, hosted by Roberto Thompson and Amalia Spinardi at their house in São Paulo and held in my honor, was exactly that. In the group were fashion enthusiasts, designers, editors, and artists, including Marina Abramovic, who is celebrating the holidays in Brazil with her pal Riccardo Tisci.
In between dancing to remixes of Edith Piaf tunes and sipping caipirinhas, and despite the distractingly stunning views of São Paolo, there was talk of work. Designer Carlos Miele chatted with a few businessmen about his plans for brand expansion in Asia, and Pedro Lourenço gave us a preview of his upcoming pre-fall presentation at Milk Studios, while Alexandre Birman shared the news that he’s now part of Bergdorf Goodman’s designer shoe floor. At the top of the Birman’s to-do list: make shoes for the baby girl his wife is expecting. Does that mean he’ll be going into the children’s business? He wouldn’t say, but I bet a lot of moms would die for that.
Style.com/Print magazine was also a big topic of conversation. Guests were pleasantly surprised when I passed them out as party favors once the night came to a close.
- Kendall on Yesterday’s Last-Name Buzz: “I Can’t Believe It’s Actually Becoming a Story”
- Summer Fridays: Shelter Island With ACRIA’s Benjamin Bashein
- Editor Obsessions: Suno Pleated Jacquard Top
- EXCLUSIVE: Ruffian Moves Its Spring ’15 Show to Hollywood
- Through Cédric’s Eyes: Malaika Firth in Anthony Vaccarello
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more