Mulberry’s Splashy Bash-------
Though L.A.’s consistently warm weather didn’t turn out for Mulberry’s party at the Chateau Marmont last night, a host of Hollywood starlets dedicated to the Brit brand, including Kate Bosworth, Gia Coppola, and Nathalie Love, more than did their part to set the scene for the poolside bash.
In between chatting with Bosworth, Mulberry’s Emma Hill observed that city’s importance to the brand. “We always really build the collection when we’re here,” she explained of the many trips she takes out West each year, which are soon to increase when they open a store in L.A. some time next year. “It’s always a film that kicks off every season, so I screen a film with my team and then we come here and go digging for vintage at the Rose Bowl [Flea Market].”
Nearby, Harley Viera-Newton discussed her current music project with the line. “Their collections are so music-driven, so I’m working with them on this whole music channel on their Web site that they’re developing to go along with their collections,” Viera-Newton said. And as if on cue—and in signature Mulberry fashion—the night capped off with an outdoor set by Lana del Rey.
- 5 Perfect Farewell Summer Cocktails for Labor Day Weekend
- The 15 Looks You Loved Most This Week
- What to Buy This Weekend: Labor Day Designer Steals
- Abercrombie Loses the Logo, Angelina Jolie’s Wedding Dress Details, and More of the News You Missed Today
- EXCLUSIVE: Barbie’s New Designer Looks by Rebecca Taylor, Tess Giberson, and More
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more