BFC Announces Expanded Menswear Program-------
As a development of the Men’s day at London fashion week, the British Fashion Council has just announced a new menswear showcase, entitled London Collections: Men, set to launch June 2012.
London Collections: Men, running June 15-17, will have most of the same brands and designers who participate in Men’s day, selected by chairman and GQ editor Dylan Jones and a team of fashion insiders like Christopher Bailey, David Furnish, Elizabeth Saltzman Walker, and Style.com’s Tim Blanks. The participating brands that have been released so far include Savile Row, Aquascutum, and Margaret Howell.
Of the new program, Jones says, “This is a fabulous initiative and one that will undoubtedly draw even more attention towards London this year.” He added, “Whether you’re involved in sport, fashion, media, retail, entertainment, or tech, or indeed any industry, London is the place to be in 2012.”
tags: Aquascutum, British Fashion Council, Christopher Bailey, David Furnish, Dylan Jones, Elizabeth Saltzman Walker, London Collections: Men, London Fashion Week, Margaret Howell, Men's day, Savile Row, Tim Blanks
- First Karl, Now Cannes: Creatives Can’t Get Enough of the Old West
- Runway to Red Carpet: Dress Hems Are on the Rise
- Required Reading: Parsons The New School for Design Releases Its First Book
- Regarding Susan Sontag: A New Doc on Her Force of Personality and Brainpower
- #CookingWithZac: Zac Posen’s Passover Chocolate Mousse With Hazelnut Oil
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more