BFC Announces Expanded Menswear Program-------
As a development of the Men’s day at London fashion week, the British Fashion Council has just announced a new menswear showcase, entitled London Collections: Men, set to launch June 2012.
London Collections: Men, running June 15-17, will have most of the same brands and designers who participate in Men’s day, selected by chairman and GQ editor Dylan Jones and a team of fashion insiders like Christopher Bailey, David Furnish, Elizabeth Saltzman Walker, and Style.com’s Tim Blanks. The participating brands that have been released so far include Savile Row, Aquascutum, and Margaret Howell.
Of the new program, Jones says, “This is a fabulous initiative and one that will undoubtedly draw even more attention towards London this year.” He added, “Whether you’re involved in sport, fashion, media, retail, entertainment, or tech, or indeed any industry, London is the place to be in 2012.”
tags: Aquascutum, British Fashion Council, Christopher Bailey, David Furnish, Dylan Jones, Elizabeth Saltzman Walker, London Collections: Men, London Fashion Week, Margaret Howell, Men's day, Savile Row, Tim Blanks
- EXCLUSIVE: Scott Sternberg Spills About Canceling His Spring ’15 Show
- Yohji Yamamoto Makes Us Want to Be a Part of This Soccer Team, Chelsea Handler Goes Out With a Bang, and More of the News You Missed Today
- Claire Goldsmith Keeps It in the Family
- Dressing for Fame: Kemal Harris, Stylist to Robin Wright and Idina Menzel, on Making Sure Her Clients Never Show Up Naked
- Humberto Leon Weighs In on Natasha Lyonne’s Custom OC Emmy Awards Dress
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more