New York And London Show Dates Moved-------
After a lot of negotiating over the international fashion week dates, New York and London have committed to move their dates up for the September 2012 shows.
“There’s no value for the cities to compete. In the spirit of working together, London and New York are in agreement that we will go in the earlier period, but with the hope that the four cities will come out of this confusion and work together to plan future show weeks,” the CFDA’s Steven Kolb tells WWD. “We need to begin to look at the fashion season not as individual fashion weeks, but very much a global business.”
New York fashion week will now be September 6-13 and London fashion week will be September 14-18, followed by Milan shows September 18-25 and Paris on September 25-October 2. They are still looking for a long-term solution that works for all four cities.
- The Jungle Book Gets the Hollywood Treatment, a Reason to Toast to Kate Moss’ Breast, and More of the News You Missed Today
- The CFDA Celebrates 20 Years of Philanthropy With Maria Sharapova
- Martha’s Vineyard Essentials
- Gia Coppola on Her Family’s Wine Legacy and the Importance of a Screw-Top Bottle
- EXCLUSIVE: Maybelline New York Partners With Made
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more