Made Gives Us More To “Like”-------
Made Fashion Week (originally MAC & Milk) held what could be regarded as a “breakfast of champions” yesterday at Milk Gallery, where bloggers gathered for the unveiling of an innovative mobile app that broadcasts runway images in real time, with available features that make it easy to “like” an individual look, take notes, or e-mail or tweet it, all while the model is walking down the catwalk. “With this app, there’s no more need to hurriedly scribble notes on pen and paper,” Mazdack Rassi, creative director of Milk Group and co-founder of Made, told Style.com as we tested out the app using iPads and smart phones to a video projection of a fashion show.
The downloadable app uses Sonic Notify’s technology to match each image to soundless audio signals that will work exclusively during the Made shows and presentations (taking place at Milk Studios and the Standard Hotel), which include Alexander Wang, Proenza Schouler, Erin Fetherston, Peter Som, and Patrick Ervell. This also means that if you happen to be stuck in a taxi and are unable to attend the show, you can launch the app via the Livestream video broadcast of each show, which syncs to the Made Fashion Week app. Fashion week just got a little bit easier.
- UPDATED: Nadège Vanhee Rumored to Be Hermès’ Top Pick
- Esteban Cortazar’s Memories of Miami
- Dressing for Fame: Emily Current and Meritt Elliott Talk Designing, Styling, and Making It Work
- Kate Moss for Stella McCartney is the Stuff that Dreams are Made of
- Christopher Owens Talks Shooting Photos With Hedi Slimane, Going Country, and Modeling to Fund His Art
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more