Brooks Departs From Barneys-------
Amanda Brooks, who joined Barneys New York early last year, has resigned from her post as the retailer’s vice president and fashion director. She has announced she will be moving to England with her family: “I have had the pleasure of working with an incredibly talented team but have resigned to temporarily relocate to England with my husband [Christopher Brooks] and children in the interest of further pursuing other opportunities. It is a personal decision and I will miss working with the Barneys team,” Brooks tells WWD.
Brooks, who was previously at William Morris Endeavor Entertainment as director of fashion, was brought onto the Barneys team as part of CEO Mark Lee’s overhaul of the creative leadership for the retailer. WWD reports that the Barneys is not planning to replace Brooks immediately.
- Abercrombie Loses the Logo, Angelina Jolie’s Wedding Dress Details, and More of the News You Missed Today
- EXCLUSIVE: Barbie’s New Designer Looks by Rebecca Taylor, Tess Giberson, and More
- Get Inked: 10 Models Show Off Their Tattoos
- Mary Katrantzou Liberates the Letter Sweater
- Kendall on Yesterday’s Last-Name Buzz: “I Can’t Believe It’s Actually Becoming a Story”
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more