Think Instagram, designed with the fashion set in mind—that’s what Trendabl, a new interactive iPhone app launching today, aims to be. Though the app is available to everyone, Trendabl founder and CEO Jon Alagem designed it with fashion editors, stylists, celebrities, designers, bloggers, etc. in mind. For the launch, Alagem enlisted a high-profile group of tastemakers and brands, including Mary-Kate Olsen, Ashley Olsen, Harley Viera-Newton, Brad Goreski, Diane von Furstenberg, Equipment, and Barneys New York, to contribute. How it works: Snap pictures on your iPhone, and using Trendabl, you can edit the photos, post captions, tag the pictures with the product and retail info, and share it with the app’s community. The result is a new social media platform to exchange trends and express personal style.
“We wanted to create a visually beautiful social media platform that allows users to share and discover the latest trends in fashion,” Alagem tells Style.com. “It was important to us to create an environment that encourages conversation between users, friends, brands, and tastemakers. Fashion has always been about showing off your style and that’s what we aim to accomplish.”
Before the app’s debut today, a few of Trendabl’s famous contributors shared their picks exclusively with Style.com. “Look 11 from men’s Givenchy Spring ’12. The imagination and workmanship behind this suit is the reason why I love fashion. This look is perfection to me,” says Goreski. From Viera-Newton: “My two favorite new accessories for Spring ’12. Gold Tom Binns Last Laugh Shark Cuff and white gold Alison Lou Happy/Sad studs [pictured, below].” The Barneys crew also has studs on the mind—they said they are still stuck on the Chloé Susan studded ankle boot. To get the full experience and see what fashion insiders are loving right now, download the app for free on iTunes. As for what’s to come from Trendabl? Alagem reports that he’s planning a Web site and e-commerce in the future.
- First Karl, Now Cannes: Creatives Can’t Get Enough of the Old West
- Runway to Red Carpet: Dress Hems Are on the Rise
- Required Reading: Parsons The New School for Design Releases Its First Book
- Regarding Susan Sontag: A New Doc on Her Force of Personality and Brainpower
- #CookingWithZac: Zac Posen’s Passover Chocolate Mousse With Hazelnut Oil
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more