Carine: The Magazine-------
The details of Carine Roitfeld’s new magazine have been under wraps for months, but at last, the former Paris Vogue editor has opened up about her latest project. Of the biannual mag, entitled CR Fashion Book (or CR for short), she tells WWD, “I hope people will want to keep it—trendy and timeless at the same time.”
The magazine, which is under the New York-based company Fashion Group LLC (also the publisher of Visionaire, V, and Vman), has several unique features to it. For example, there will not be the typical front-of-book section and only feature-length articles. Roitfeld says she plans to use the magazine’s online site instead for front-of-book fashion, art, and culture stories. She also notes that some of the articles will be published in the native language of the author with the English translation in the back of the book (although it is officially an English publication). As for keeping the publication sexy, something she is always known to do, she says, “Not necessarily safer, but different.” While the mock-up she showed WWD had work by “established and upstarts,” Roitfeld is keeping the theme, contributors, and advertisers of the September issue a secret for now. In the meantime, she remains as a “sort of muse” to Riccardo Tisci at Givenchy, she’s the subject of a documentary by Fabien Constant hitting the big screen next year, and in about six weeks, she’s going to “be babushka”—a.k.a. Grandma.
Here, a look at a few of the CR mock-ups.
- Innocence Found: 1 Granary Debuts Its Impressive Second Issue
- Tom Ford Challenges Nicolas Ghesquière and Hedi Slimane, Drake Delivers His Belated VMA Acceptance Speech, and More of the News You Missed Today
- Legends of the Court: Roger Federer and Michael Jordan Team Up to Make Sneaker History
- EXCLUSIVE: Matches Fashion Unveils Its Third Issue of The Style Report
- Swedes Do It Better: Altewaisaome and Sun Buddies Collaborate for Spring ’15
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more