Gaga X Giorgio, Act Two-------
Giorgio Armani, who designed stage looks for Lady Gaga’s Monster Ball tour in 2010, is working with the pop star once more for her upcoming Born This Way Ball tour in Asia. Armani is reportedly designing a series of spiky PVC pieces intricately embellished with black crystals, mirrored metal, Plexiglas, skin-toned latex, and a cubist composition of abstracted guitars. To top it off, the looks are finished with the usual Gaga flair: headpieces (including a keyboard-shaped hat), thigh-high boots, and gloves ending in mirrored nails.
“Collaborating with Lady Gaga is always an exciting experience for me. I admire the way she uses fashion as a scenic element and as a means to build character,” says the Italian designer. “She is an artist of many talents and great intelligence. Creating stage costumes for her is a stimulating and creative exercise.” Here, a look at Armani’s sketches for the tour.
- EXCLUSIVE: Scott Sternberg Spills About Canceling His Spring ’15 Show
- Yohji Yamamoto Makes Us Want to Be a Part of This Soccer Team, Chelsea Handler Goes Out With a Bang, and More of the News You Missed Today
- Claire Goldsmith Keeps It in the Family
- Dressing for Fame: Kemal Harris, Stylist to Robin Wright and Idina Menzel, on Making Sure Her Clients Never Show Up Naked
- Humberto Leon Weighs In on Natasha Lyonne’s Custom OC Emmy Awards Dress
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more