Pitt Enlists Procop-------
After images of Angelina Jolie wearing a big engagement ring (pictured) surfaced Friday, the question became: Who designed it? WWD reports today that Robert Procop has been confirmed as the designer. Procop, who is known for his diamond designs and use of rare gemstones, worked with Pitt for the past year to design the “faceted, elongated tablet shape” to make it just right for Jolie’s hand. The ring, worth an estimated $250,000, is set with smaller stones in graduated sizes around it.
This is not Procop’s first time working with Jolie—he has been creating gems for her for the past ten years. Also, in 2010, he collaborated with the actress on a fine jewelry line (sold privately through Procop’s clients) to benefit her charity, the Education Partnership for Children of Conflict, and back in 2009 he worked with the couple on a capsule collection for Asprey (where he was the CEO at the time), also to benefit her charity.
- The Looks That Should Have Walked the Comic-Con Red Carpet
- At Colorado’s Pot-Themed Wedding, Everybody Raised a Grass
- Editor Obsessions: Moschino’s Irreverent Tee
- Dressing for Fame: Versace, J.Lo, RiRi Gone Rogue, and More Career Tidbits from Stylists Mariel Haenn and Rob Zangardi
- Courtney Love Says Kurt Cobain Biopic Is in the Works
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more