Jewelry Designer Sally Sohn’s Postcard From South Korea-------
Sally Sohn makes exquisite (and exquisitely expensive) one-of-a-kind jewelry by finding rare heirlooms at auctions in every corner of the globe, then refurbishing them with precious stones and metal. The results of her work are delicate, whimsical pieces encrusted with pearls and diamonds, sold at retailers including Bergdorf Goodman, Ikram, and Lane Crawford.
Recently, Sohn led a group of friends and colleagues (Gilt Groupe vice president Leah Park, video director Cycy Sanders, model agent Agel Raya, photographer Jasper Rischen, and casting director Roger Inniss) on an excursion through her native country of South Korea (she grew up in Seoul). They explored labyrinthine Buddhist temples, the seascape in Busan, local marketplaces, cuisine, and, of course, the zany nightlife in Seoul. Photographer Pieter Henket took snapshots of the ten-day-long trip, which Sohn shares here exclusively with Style.com.
“The beautiful seaside in Busan, and a crazy-in-love couple enjoying the view.”
“While catching some rays, Cycy, Pieter, and Agel were inspired to strip down for the camera.”
“On a karaoke party bus. That’s me with the mic and Jasper Rischen.”
“A group shot of everyone after seeing a Buddhist dance.”
“We signed a roof tile, which is a customary way of making a wish, at the Temple Boolkook. What did mine say? ‘I wish for dance parties all over the world!’ ”
“A little Korean boy smiles for the camera”
- What to Buy This Weekend: Labor Day Designer Steals
- Abercrombie Loses the Logo, Angelina Jolie’s Wedding Dress Details, and More of the News You Missed Today
- EXCLUSIVE: Barbie’s New Designer Looks by Rebecca Taylor, Tess Giberson, and More
- Get Inked: 10 Models Show Off Their Tattoos
- Mary Katrantzou Liberates the Letter Sweater
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more