We’d Lend To You, Chloë-------
The red-carpet dressing game involves about as much intrigue and politicking as you’re likely to find at the U.N. And in a new story in Out, Chloë Sevigny (pictured) reveals that she isn’t the global superpower you might expect. Despite being generally worshipped by the fashion community—and a sometime designer in her own right—Sevigny told the magazine that labels often won’t lend to her, even for big premieres. For one recent carpet, she requested 20 dresses. She was sent two. As Out has it:
“Aren’t I one of the top searches on Style.com, for crying out loud?” she says with mock disgust. “How hard is it to get a fucking dress from Valentino?” When it’s noted that that quote will definitely make it to print, she clasps her hands together and lets out a raspy laugh.
For the record, we love you, Chloë. Next time a premiere rolls around, our closet is your closet.
- Editor Obsessions: Perfect Trousers From Maison Martin Margiela
- Kate Moss Plays Director for British Vogue
- At Barneys, a Slam Dunk for Russell Westbrook
- Your Favorite Kate Bush Runway Music Moments, All in One Playlist
- Beyoncé and Sky Ferreira Favorited Label, Obesity + Speed, Draws a Crowd in Brooklyn
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more