A.P.C. X Nike: A Shoe-In-------
Last night, A.P.C. toasted its newest Nike footwear collaboration (the brand’s first-ever line of unisex footwear) at its East London store. The capsule collection, which launched worldwide on the A.P.C. Web site today, includes the Nike Dunk and the Nike Air Max. The Nike classics got the usual A.P.C. make-under—a little more sleek and a lot more chic.
The French brand’s founder, Jean Touitou, was quick to add that it was not the sporting life (nor Olympic/Paralympic fever in London) that inspired him to do trainers. “Not for a quarter of a second,” he told Style.com as the party quickly picked up, turning into another epic A.P.C. party that spilled into the Shoreditch streets. “I can tell you that I like lazy, amateur sport. I hate contests—it breaks your bones, too.” Luckily, these look more fit for the sidelines (a.k.a., the front row at the runway shows). Who, of his large celebrity fan base, does he suspect will be sporting these soon? “I would not know! I do fashion, not psychiatry.” He added, “I’m not a cult leader, either. I just try make nice things and I have no clue of who’s going use it. I’m really not that obsessive.” Re: cult leader, we might beg to differ.
- First Karl, Now Cannes: Creatives Can’t Get Enough of the Old West
- Runway to Red Carpet: Dress Hems Are on the Rise
- Required Reading: Parsons The New School for Design Releases Its First Book
- Regarding Susan Sontag: A New Doc on Her Force of Personality and Brainpower
- #CookingWithZac: Zac Posen’s Passover Chocolate Mousse With Hazelnut Oil
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more