The CFDA Incubator Designers Hit The Road-------
The second round of CFDA Incubator designers only finished settling into their new studios this summer, but they are already on the move. The designers were joined by editors this morning at the W Times Square, where the CFDA and W Hotels announced their newest initiative to support the program: The Incubator designers will be sent to the W’s 42 locations around the globe to meet retailers, customers, and media in local markets, with the first of such trips set to take place in Atlanta this November. Each designer will also be sent on an all-expenses-paid inspiration trip to any one of the hotel’s locations worldwide. Timo Weiland and Alan Eckstein of Timo Weiland (pictured) admitted they are already dreaming of the South Pacific. “The surfing, the cities, the markets, the way of life. You never know what you’re going to find,” Weiland told Style.com.
A perpetual supporter of young talent, CFDA president Diane von Furstenberg expressed a touch of jealousy that no such program existed when she was starting out. “I wish I had had that!” she said. “It’s a fabulous thing for young designers to have the possibility to take a trip and get inspired—and know that it’s paid for.” The partnership is the first major effort by the CFDA to promote Fashion Incubator designers outside of New York City, and is expected to flourish beyond just sending designers on trips. “I think as the designers and CFDA and W Hotels spend more time together, there will be needs that arise that will certainly evolve our relationship,” CFDA CEO Steven Kolb said.
- First Karl, Now Cannes: Creatives Can’t Get Enough of the Old West
- Runway to Red Carpet: Dress Hems Are on the Rise
- Required Reading: Parsons The New School for Design Releases Its First Book
- Regarding Susan Sontag: A New Doc on Her Force of Personality and Brainpower
- #CookingWithZac: Zac Posen’s Passover Chocolate Mousse With Hazelnut Oil
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more