Fashion Week Ends, The Parties Don’t-------
New York’s party scene never sleeps—even the day following a whirlwind fashion month. Last night, both the fashion and art worlds convened at Sotheby’s S2 Gallery to toast Vladimir Restoin-Roitfeld’s latest opening. Dubbed Hue + Cry, the exhibition was the budding megadealer’s first stint as guest curator for the venerable auction house, comprising 30 contemporary works that highlighted the transformation of abstract expressionism. But unlike Restoin-Roitfeld’s typically hip gatherings—often warehouse-based and liquor-fueled—yesterday’s soirée was decidedly a toned-down affair, complete with passed hors d’oeuvres (OK, pigs in a blanket) and sauvignon blanc. “It feels a lot more uptown in here,” quipped V‘s Stephen Gan as he surveyed the mixed-media pieces by contemporary artists including Nicolas Pol, Jin Meyerson, and Angel Otero. Gan’s trek from Lower Manhattan to the uptown York Avenue space took nearly an hour, but the host didn’t mind the commute. “I live five minutes away,” Restoin-Roitfeld shrugged. Still, representing the downtown contingent were the likes of Vito Schnabel, Stavros Niarchos, and girlfriend Jessica Hart, who happily installed themselves near the open bar.
“The show really looks like him, doesn’t it?” mused proud mom Carine Roitfeld in head-to-toe Givenchy. Giovanna Battaglia, clad in Dolce & Gabbana and a sparkling Marni collar necklace, arrived from Paris just in time for her boyfriend’s big night. “This is such a prestigious location,” she
beamed. “Every time Vlad does something, it’s different and a step ahead.” As for the couple’s plans post-fashion month? “This is my first weekend off in a month and a half,” she told Style.com. “But I still have to work—there’s a shoot next week. It never ends.” To wit, at 9 p.m., the guests decamped to Casa Lever, where Aby Rosen, Kim Heirston, and Leo Koenig toasted the young curator with a private dinner.
- The Jungle Book Gets the Hollywood Treatment, a Reason to Toast to Kate Moss’ Breast, and More of the News You Missed Today
- The CFDA Celebrates 20 Years of Philanthropy With Maria Sharapova
- Martha’s Vineyard Essentials
- Gia Coppola on Her Family’s Wine Legacy and the Importance of a Screw-Top Bottle
- EXCLUSIVE: Maybelline New York Partners With Made
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more