Weeknight Update with Seth Meyers-------
If Seth Meyers’ introduction at last night’s 7th Annual Charity Ball is any indication, flattery will, in fact, get you everywhere. During yesterday evening’s festivities at the 69th Regiment Armory, the comedian opened with, “As many of you know, the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show was recently held here. But I have to say, you guys look better.” The result? A cool $3 million raised for Charity: Water, a group that funds clean water programs in Kenya, Ethiopia, and India.
Sadly, generosity alone doesn’t qualify one for VS Angel status, but actress Sophia Bush is doing her darnedest to earn wings of another sort. “My family decided to forgo Christmas presents this year, so I just purchased a well in their name instead,” she said.
Guests like Fern Mallis, Giovanna Battaglia, Mad Men‘s John Slattery, Anne Vyalitsyna, Jessica Lowndes, and DJ Chelsea Leyland joined 1,800 partygoers to rally for the cause. But it was 90210‘s Jessica Stroup who went the extra mile, or rather, miles for Charity: Water. “After taking a trip to Ethiopia last year, I know our efforts will make an impact. I was really impressed to see that 100 percent of the donations are going exactly where they’re needed.” Also on her travel radar? Costa Rica, where she’ll spend the upcoming holiday. “I’m only packing swimsuits! And scripts for the show, of course.”
- First Karl, Now Cannes: Creatives Can’t Get Enough of the Old West
- Runway to Red Carpet: Dress Hems Are on the Rise
- Required Reading: Parsons The New School for Design Releases Its First Book
- Regarding Susan Sontag: A New Doc on Her Force of Personality and Brainpower
- #CookingWithZac: Zac Posen’s Passover Chocolate Mousse With Hazelnut Oil
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more