Shop The Look: We Love The Nineties
In fashion years, when something is two decades old, it’s officially “vintage,” meaning that Marc Jacobs’ now-infamous 1992 grunge collection for Perry Ellis (i.e., the collection that made flannel shirts and ripped jeans a look) is officially ripe for reinterpretation. Coincidentally (or perhaps not), Phillip Lim and Dries Van Noten both turned out fresh takes on layered plaids and florals for Spring 2013, inspiring us to lace up some combat boots (we’ll take a heeled version these days) and cue up some Mudhoney. Shop our grungy gets from Alexander Wang, Ksubi, Rag & Bone, and more, below.
1. Rag & Bone jacket, $795, available at www.net-a-porter.com
2. Ksubi jeans, $292, available at www.ksubi.com
3. Eugenia Kim hat, $143, available at www.forwardforward.com
4. Alexander Wang boots, $825, available at www.net-a-porter.com
5. Steven Alan shirt, $198, available at www.stevenalan.com
To view more looks, click here.