Coachella Chronicles: Hanne Gaby Odiele-------
Coachella kicked off in full force last weekend, and Style.com reporter Alison Baenen has been talking to all the festival’s best-dressed concertgoers about their desert duds, favorite bands, and more. Below, Hanne Gaby Odiele shares her Coachella secrets.
What she’s wearing: Vintage top from Brian Procell in New York City, homemade shorts, a Balenciaga belt, a Jonathan Saunders scarf, an Acne Studios backpack, and jewelry she’s picked up throughout her travels.
Number of times at Coachella: Two.
Who she came to see: “Moby. I saw him fifteen years ago at Rock Werchter, in Belgium. It was amazing. It would be nice to see him again after all this time.”
Festival rules: “There are no ‘dos and don’ts.’ It’s a festival—I say you can do whatever you want! Do enjoy yourself and don’t judge anyone around you.”
How she gets dressed: “I look at the weather. There is nothing worse than being unprepared and having to miss or not enjoy a concert because you didn’t bring warm enough clothes.”
Non-negotiable festival essential: “Dr. Martens.”
The craziest thing she’s ever seen at a concert: “Stilettos. You can do all you want, but stilettos at a festival is asking for it. Don’t complain if you get pushed around in a dance party!”
- First Karl, Now Cannes: Creatives Can’t Get Enough of the Old West
- Runway to Red Carpet: Dress Hems Are on the Rise
- Required Reading: Parsons The New School for Design Releases Its First Book
- Regarding Susan Sontag: A New Doc on Her Force of Personality and Brainpower
- #CookingWithZac: Zac Posen’s Passover Chocolate Mousse With Hazelnut Oil
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more