Color Me Fresh-------
While it doesn’t quite feel like spring yet here in New York, the scene at last night’s Joe Fresh flagship anniversary bash sure looked the part. Celebrating one year at its Fifth Avenue post, the Canadian retailer synonymous with affordable fashion-forwardness brought guests a burst of summer fun via its new acid-pastel collection. But perhaps more colorful than the clothes—which boasted a palette of pink, green, yellow, and the label’s signature orange—was the kaleidoscope of twenty Manhattan personalities chosen to catwalk up and down an escalator runway (yes, à la Louis Vuitton). The ensemble cast included nightlife notables Steven Rojas and Dani Stahl, and Paper magazine’s Mickey Boardman, who strutted his stuff in head-to-toe electric rose. Styled by Zanna Roberts Rassi, the romp was set to the beats of Brendan Fallis and Hannah Bronfman.
Despite the vibrant nature of the fete, creative director Joe Mimran warns not to get too comfortable with the Spring color craze. “For the Fall collection, we did all black. The theme was ‘Paris is black, black is Paris.’ ” Pushing black on black to a bunch of New Yorkers? We think Mimran might be onto something.
- Editor Obsessions: Barbour Bedale Jacket
- Kesha, A$AP Ferg, and More Reveal All in a Hilarious New Haim Video; Tom Hanks Tops the App Charts; and More of the News You Missed Today
- Selfie Promotion: Timur Kim’s New T-Shirts Are a Social Media Addict’s Dream
- The Ice Bucket Just Got Much Chicer, Thanks to Gisele Bündchen and Mario Testino
- 16 Years in, A.F. Vandevorst Opens Its First Shop
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more