Shop The Look: Sense and Sustainability
The seeds of eco-fashion took root long ago, but merging style with sustainability has proven to be a challenge. As of late, however, designers have been doing their part to make going green less crunchy and more chic. Just in time for Earth Week, we scoured the Web for the most socially conscious yet eye-pleasing clutches we could find (to complement these earth-positive pieces). Handcrafted by local artisans based everywhere from the Philippines to Sierra Leone, each bag is made using traditional techniques and salvaged materials that have been upcycled into evening accessories. Who says ethical can’t be elegant? Shop our planet-loving picks from Bea Valdes, Kayu, Anya Hindmarch, and more, below.
1. Bea Valdes clutch, $686, available at www.giftlab.com.
2. The Catrinka Project clutch, $55, available at www.shoplatitude.com.
3. Lotus Arts de Vivre clutch, $1,450, available at www.couturelab.com.
4. Anya Hindmarch clutch, $534, available at www.giftlab.com.
5. Kayu clutch, $115, available at www.kayudesign.com.