Runway to Red Carpet-------
This week saw plenty of A-list step-and-repeat action—from Tuesday’s The Bling Ring premiere in New York to Wednesday’s MaxMara-underwritten Women in Film Awards in Los Angeles. January Jones (above, center) attended the latter event in a stunning dress boasting one of Mary Katrantzou’s prismatic Fall ’13 prints. Inspired by early-twentieth-century photogravures, Katrantzou screened dreamy noir landscapes across the collection’s frocks, which were then splashed with rainbow-bright accents. Jones likened the motif to something she’d colored with glitter pens as a child.
The West Coast also hosted Monday night’s Critics’ Choice Television Awards. There, Diane Kruger (above, right) hot-stepped in a vampish Nina Ricci dress—in fact, it was the same look that closed designer Peter Copping’s Fall ’13 show for the house. She amplified her pinup aesthetic with a red lip and scarlet Manolos.
Jetting east, the Big Apple boasted its fair share of paparazzi-frenzying soirées, not least of which was Sunday’s Tony Awards. Scarlett Johansson (above, left) arrived in an angular, cropped blazer from Hedi Slimane’s Fall ’13 Saint Laurent runway. Also at the Tonys, Sienna Miller glowed in a rose-petal pink strapless Burberry Prorsum Resort ’14 dress. And finally, there’s Sofia Coppola, who can seemingly do no wrong in her label of choice—Louis Vuitton. Embodying all the breathy girlishness exuded in her films, Coppola donned a flirty sequined take on a T-shirt dress to Gotham’s The Bling Ring premiere on Tuesday evening. Part sheer, part sequined, part frilled, the choice was effortless and warmly radiant.
- Destination Summer: 10 Models Take Us on Vacation
- The Problem With Google’s Driverless Car, Downton Abbey‘s Strange Underwear Rules, and More of the News You Missed Today
- Dressing for Fame: Penny Lovell Talks Working With Taylor Schilling, Sex and the City‘s Lasting Influence, and More
- Editor Obsessions: Rainbow’s Cheap Fashion Thrills
- Summer Fridays: Out of Office With ArtBinder App Founder Alexandra Chemla
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more