Georgia May Jagger Lets Herself Go-------
With starring roles in campaigns for Miu Miu, Just Cavalli, Rimmel, and Madonna’s Material Girl Collection, Georgia May Jagger may be busy, but she hasn’t forgotten her roots—and those are with the jeans-maker Hudson. It was one of the first brands to feature the gap-toothed model—Jagger was a mere 16 years old when the California-based denim monolith tapped her for its 2009 ads—and that collaboration is still going strong.
Hudson, which, it was announced this week, is set to be acquired by Joe’s Jeans, threw a party last night at the new Selfridges Denim Floor for its Fall ’13 campaign, “#LETYOURSELFGO.” Lensed in black and white, the ads feature, you guessed it, Jagger. Donning a white jacket with little underneath, the model braved the London heat wave and chatted amiably with partygoers, which included Mary Charteris on the decks, playing to a crowd of mostly Jagger’s buddies, including Rosie Fortescue, Miquita Oliver, and Twilight actress MyAnna Buring.
Hudson simultaneously held an Instagram contest, asking fans to upload images of themselves “#LettingGo,” for which Jagger, a budding photographer herself, happily posed. But despite the power of the instant photo, Jagger told Style.com, “I think there is always going to be an appreciation of professional photography. Sure, you can take some great pictures on the iPhone, but I always travel with my Nikon camera, too. Certainly, photography is something I would like to do a lot more of in the future.”
She also took time to weigh in on her dad, who with all his performances of late, seems as busy as her. “I think [all his gigs] are great, and I managed to go on tour in the U.S. for a while earlier this summer, which was so fun. But I’m such a huge fan of Glastonbury, so to see them play there for the first time ever was amazing!”
- First Karl, Now Cannes: Creatives Can’t Get Enough of the Old West
- Runway to Red Carpet: Dress Hems Are on the Rise
- Required Reading: Parsons The New School for Design Releases Its First Book
- Regarding Susan Sontag: A New Doc on Her Force of Personality and Brainpower
- #CookingWithZac: Zac Posen’s Passover Chocolate Mousse With Hazelnut Oil
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more