Runway to Red Carpet: Keeping it Cool-------
As the temperatures continue to climb, celebrities are combating the sweltering weather with shorter looks on the red carpet. At Monday night’s premiere of Girl Most Likely, Kristen Wiig’s fresh frock from Viktor & Rolf’s Resort ’14 collection was perfect for battling New York’s ongoing heat wave. Down in Houston, Queen Bey’s postshow pick was a cool crop top and skirt custom designed for her Mrs. Carter Show World Tour by Emilio Pucci‘s Peter Dundas.
In Hollywood, athletes and silver-screen stars rubbed shoulders at Wednesday night’s ESPY Awards. Selena Gomez stood out in a spicy rouge lace number from Dolce & Gabbana’s Fall ’13 runway, and tennis star Maria Sharapova looked sweet and (perhaps more important) comfortable in an iridescent organza dress from J. Mendel’s Resort ’14 range. Farther down the coast, in San Diego, Hailee Steinfeld also opted for a scarlet mini at a special screening of her film Ender’s Game. The actress donned an eye-catching (literally) frock from Kenzo’s Fall ’13 lineup, which was covered with the house’s allover optical print.
- EDM’s Biggest Moneymaker, Johnny Depp’s New Father-Daughter Project, and More of the News You Missed Today
- Telfar Clemens Pops Up at Opening Ceremony and Hints at His Plans for NYFW
- A Bustle Is Forever—Especially When It’s Made by Yohji Yamamoto
- EXCLUSIVE: Made Fashion Week’s Spring 2015 Lineup
- Editor Obsessions: Perfect Trousers From Maison Martin Margiela
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more