Runway to Red Carpet: Forever Floral-------
This week, celebs hit the red carpet in a veritable bouquet of floral off-the-runway wares. As we were merrymaking Stateside, Zhang Ziyi arrived at Le Grand Bal de la Comédie-Française in Paris on July 4 wearing some brand-new Giambattista Valli Fall ’13 Couture. The gown—mermaid-finned and pontifically white, thanks to the designer’s porcelain-inspired theme—boasted dainty forget-me-nots cascading downward. Also on Independence Day, Mindy Kaling went to Guy Oseary’s Fourth of July party in Los Angeles wearing a floral-blocked take on a Marc Jacobs Resort ’13 dress.
On Tuesday in New York, Blake Lively headed to the premiere of hubby Ryan Reynolds’ new film,Turbo, donning a crystal-covered skirt from Burberry Prorsum Resort ’14. While not technically flora, the embellishments’ effect was one of dense, twinkling petals. The same day in L.A., Diane Kruger arrived at Jimmy Kimmel Live! sporting Emanuel Ungaro Resort ’14. The Fausto Puglisi-designed outfit featured little white daisies on a pastel-banded, black silk skirt.
On Wednesday, Emmy Rossum wore a Carolina Herrera Resort ’14 number with aplomb to Persol’s “Magnificent Obsessions: 30 Stories of Craftsmanship in Film” opening in Queens. The skirt’s big cobalt petals were accented by a skinny vermillion-bowed band across the waist, which the Shameless star further highlighted with a scarlet CH Carolina Herrera clutch.
tags: Blake Lively, Burberry Prorsum, Carolina Herrera, Diane Kruger, Emanuel Ungaro, Emmy Rossum, Fausto Puglisi, Giambattista Valli, Marc Jacobs, Mindy Kaling, Runway to Red Carpet, Ryan Reynolds, Zhang Ziyi
- EDM’s Biggest Moneymaker, Johnny Depp’s New Father-Daughter Project, and More of the News You Missed Today
- Telfar Clemens Pops Up at Opening Ceremony and Hints at His Plans for NYFW
- A Bustle Is Forever—Especially When It’s Made by Yohji Yamamoto
- EXCLUSIVE: Made Fashion Week’s Spring 2015 Lineup
- Editor Obsessions: Perfect Trousers From Maison Martin Margiela
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more