Runway to Red Carpet: White Hot-------
It was a busy week on the movie-premiere circuit, and many stars stepped out in lily-white looks, sometimes offset by a touch of black. Alexander Wang’s Balenciaga collections have proved a celebrity favorite, and this week they continued their strong showing. Ruth Wilson donned a sleeveless pantsuit from Wang’s debut Fall ’13 collection at the Berlin premiere of The Lone Ranger, and Elizabeth Olsen opted for a summery look from Resort ’14 for the Godzilla preview at Comic-Con.
Blue Jasmine leading lady Cate Blanchett, too, donned Balenciaga—a headline-making archival look, to be exact—to the New York premiere of the Woody Allen film; however, when she stepped out for the L.A. debut, she wore a minimal black-and-white Alexander McQueen Resort ’14 gown. Rose Byrne joined Blanchett at the L.A. event, turning up in a white cotton Christopher Kane sheath with a laser-cutout print from his Resort ’14 lineup. On Tuesday, at another L.A. premiere, The To Do List star Aubrey Plaza chose a white bustier-top cocktail dress from the Calvin Klein Collection Spring ’13 runway. She looked the picture of a Calvin girl—sleek, sophisticated, and subtly sexy.
tags: Alexander McQueen, Alexander Wang, Balenciaga, Blue Jasmine, Calvin Klein, Cate Blanchett, Christopher Kane, Elizabeth Olsen, Godzilla, Rose Byrne, Runway to Red Carpet, Ruth Wilson, Woody Allen
- Prince George Turns 1, Makes Headlines
- Fifty Shades of Grey Director Sam Taylor-Johnson Takes Us Inside Coco Chanel’s Paris Pad
- Editor Obsessions: Issey Miyake’s Bao Bao Platinum Tote
- Zac Posen Loves Tibetan Singing Bowls, Is Opposed to Neutering Culture
- Hood by Air Debuts Pre-Spring Collection and a Vision for the Future
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more