Zigzag to the Beat-------
Last night, M Missoni—Missoni’s younger, sportier sister—threw a summertime soiree at New York’s Le Bain, celebrating not only the season but also its collaborative soundtrack, dubbed “M Missoni Is for Music,” produced in tandem with Epic Records’ L.A. Reid. The only snafu? It felt more like early fall, with temperatures dipping into the low sixties—ostensibly chilly compared to Manhattan’s extreme heat of late.
“I’m just glad it’s not boiling,” said Harley Viera-Newton, first up on the deejay roster. Jumpers and jackets were soon shed, however, as Le Bain’s terrace filled up and thawed. Guests, including Nicky Hilton, Erin Heatherton, and Jessica Hart, could be seen mingling at the bar or snow-cone machine in flirty M Missoni minis.
Naturally, it wouldn’t be a Missoni party without some zigzag action, so M Missoni placed chevron-ed dry-erase place mats and markers along tabletops, inviting partygoers to graffiti at will. “My first Missoni memory has to be my mother’s matching hat and coat,” offered Hannah Bronfman. “The hat had a fitted, bonnet-like top but a large, flat brim that fanned out like a pizza pie.”
Stepping in for Ginny Blackmore, who was slated to perform last night but wasn’t feeling well, crooner Smokey Jones (above) previewed a handful of songs from her forthcoming album. Afterward, Chelsea Leyland took the reins from Viera-Newton, spinning until security shooed everyone out. At night’s end, Dannijo’s Danielle Snyder summed it up best: “It’s funny. We were just in Saint-Tropez. Everyone wears Missoni there. It’s like a uniform—iconic summer!”
- Anya Hindmarch’s New Bespoke Shop at Bergdorf’s Will Connect Customers With Craftsmen
- Style.com’s Dirk Standen Gets Coveteur’d
- EXCLUSIVE: Gareth Pugh Offers Up a First Look at His Disruptive Spring ’15
- EXCLUSIVE: Rodarte Joins Forces With Rachel Zoe
- EXCLUSIVE: Kerry Washington Talks Movado, Dressing Olivia Pope, and That Two-Piece Prada Look
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more