André Saraiva Goes Back to Sweden-------
Last weekend, graffiti artist and international nightlife czar André Saraiva headed to back to his native Sweden for a special art exhibition—which included his own work, and Dream Concerts, a collaborative project he did with Maison Kitsuné. Naturally, the weekend wrapped with a Le Baron pop-up party, which happened to come just in time to kick off Stockholm fashion week. Saraiva (and his signature tag, Mr. A) sent us a few photos from the trip, which debut exclusively below.
I was born in Sweden, lived there as a child, and Absolut gave me the chance to come back and exhibit my work as an artist in my home country for this very special weekend. I displayed some of my latest art at Gallery Steinsland Berliner, and hosted a dinner at Atelier Absolut after a great opening. I also brought along with me the spirit of my nightclub, Le Baron, so that the Stockholm crowd could party my way during two very special nights at the V Club. Here are some snapshots of my “Back to Sweden” weekend.
Checking the set-up at the gallery. The opening is just hours away.
The Hole at Gallery Steinsland Berliner.
A well-packed opening at Gallery Steinsland Berliner.
I just drew a Mr. A on the wall of a room of the Absolut Atelier.
In the Absolut Atelier basement, creating the sign for Le Baron’s entrance.
Self-portrait in front of the club.
At Le Baron @ V Club with Waris Ahluwalia.
A Stockholm sunset.
- The 15 Looks You Loved Most This Week
- What to Buy This Weekend: Labor Day Designer Steals
- Abercrombie Loses the Logo, Angelina Jolie’s Wedding Dress Details, and More of the News You Missed Today
- EXCLUSIVE: Barbie’s New Designer Looks by Rebecca Taylor, Tess Giberson, and More
- Get Inked: 10 Models Show Off Their Tattoos
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more