Runway to Red Carpet: A Saint Laurent Special and a Lady in Plaid-------
From the Teen Choice Awards to movie premieres, red-carpet-watchers had a lot to keep them busy this week. Saint Laurent was a popular choice with the weekend crowd, with several A-listers attending Saturday’s events in all-black looks by the Parisian powerhouse. At Disney’s D23 Expo, Angelina Jolie looked the epitome of casual elegance in a light wool sweater paired with tailored pants and ankle boots, all by Saint Laurent. That same evening, Rachel McAdams continued her About Time premiere circuit with a screening in Munich, walking the red carpet in a quietly sexy dress from Saint Laurent’s Resort ’14 offering. In L.A., Miley Cyrus played up her rocker image at the Teen Choice Awards, opting for a Saint Laurent see-through blouse and buckled-up skirt from Fall ’13‘s grunge-inspired collection.
Lily Collins (above) is quickly becoming one to watch on the red carpet, and had several strong sartorial picks this week. Among her best was a white cutout Cushnie et Ochs Resort ’14 sheath, which she wore to the L.A. premiere of her film The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones on Monday. The following evening, Diane Kruger put a ladies-who-lunch spin on tartan, donning a midi from Carven’s Resort ’14 collection at the Hollywood Foreign Press Association’s Installation Luncheon. Finished off with barely there gray sandals and a side ponytail, the actress made plaid look effortlessly chic.
- Editor Obsessions: Barbour Bedale Jacket
- Kesha, A$AP Ferg, and More Reveal All in a Hilarious New Haim Video; Tom Hanks Tops the App Charts; and More of the News You Missed Today
- Selfie Promotion: Timur Kim’s New T-Shirts Are a Social Media Addict’s Dream
- The Ice Bucket Just Got Much Chicer, Thanks to Gisele Bündchen and Mario Testino
- 16 Years in, A.F. Vandevorst Opens Its First Shop
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more