Runway to Red Carpet: Glamorous Gowns and a Double Dose of Denim-------
Between parties, premieres, and Natalia Vodianova’s Love Ball, it was a busy week on the red carpet. On Sunday night, Christina Ricci attended the premiere of The Smurfs 2 in New York wrapped in a green patterned sheath from Thom Browne’s Resort ’14 collection. In Seoul, South Korea, on Monday, Tilda Swinton showed up at the premiere of her film Snowpiercer in an oriental-inspired gown fresh off Valentino’s Fall ’13 Couture runway. That same evening in L.A., Hart of Dixie star Rachel Bilson attended the CW, CBS, and Showtime Summer TCA Party in a shimmering white dress by 3.1 Phillip Lim.
Lovelace made its debut in New York on Tuesday night, and the film’s leading lady, Amanda Seyfried, walked the red carpet in a ruffled denim cocktail frock from Givenchy’s Resort ’14 offering. Kate Hudson (left), too, donned a denim look this week. She turned up to Wednesday’s premiere of Clear History in L. A. wearing an embroidered quilted mini from Balmain’s Resort ’14 lineup. It would seem that denim—with its sophisticated new spin—is well on its way to becoming a new red-carpet favorite.
- The Looks That Should Have Walked the Comic-Con Red Carpet
- At Colorado’s Pot-Themed Wedding, Everybody Raised a Grass
- Editor Obsessions: Moschino’s Irreverent Tee
- Dressing for Fame: Versace, J.Lo, RiRi Gone Rogue, and More Career Tidbits from Stylists Mariel Haenn and Rob Zangardi
- Courtney Love Says Kurt Cobain Biopic Is in the Works
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more