Runway to Red Carpet: Suited Stars and a Musical Hem-------
Although this proved to be a quieter week on the red carpet than most, those who did hit the town came out strong. As Beyoncé’s world tour pushes on, we’ve continued to envy her custom-made wardrobe. On Saturday, she added Gucci to the designer lineup, with a lust-worthy top-and-pants ensemble inspired by the Spring ’12 collection. Rachel McAdams looked stunning (as usual) at Thursday night’s London premiere of her film About Time. The copper-coiffed star chose a long-sleeve, floor-grazing Roksanda Ilincic gown from the Resort ’14 collection. It was nipped at the waist with an iridescent belt.
On-screen mother-daughter duo Amanda Seyfried and Sharon Stone continued their Lovelace-premiere circuit with Monday night’s L.A. screening. Seyfried shimmered in a metallic brown-and-gold Gucci mini while Stone opted for a sharp all-black Salvatore Ferragamo ensemble, pairing tailored pants with a tuxedo jacket and leather loafers. That same evening, across the pond, Chloë Moretz traded in her superhero cape for a striped Viktor & Rolf suit from the Resort ’14 lineup at the photo call for her film Kick-Ass 2. The 16-year-old finished off the look with a pair of black Mary Janes, which gave the grown-up outfit a fresh, youthful touch.
Laura Carmichael—or, as Downton Abbey fans might know her, Lady Edith—also embraced a playful look in L.A. On Tuesday, she wore a black Moschino Cheap and Chic shift with a piano-key hemline to PBS History’s photo call. We’re not sure the Dowager Countess of Grantham would have approved, but we sure do.
tags: Amanda Seyfried, Beyonce, Chloe Moretz, Downton Abbey, Gucci, Laura Carmichael, Lovelace, Moschino, Rachel McAdams, Roksanda Ilincic, Runway to Red Carpet, Salvatore Ferragamo, Sharon Stone, Viktor & Rolf
- The 15 Stylish Looks You Loved This Week
- Runway to Red Carpet: Emma Watson, Diane Kruger, Nicola Peltz, and More of This Week’s Highlights
- Raf Simons x Ruby Sterling is Coming to a Computer Screen New You
- Editor Obsessions: Sunspel’s New Side Panel T-Shirt
- Model Elettra Wiedemann Rethinks the Word “Foodie”
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more