Italian For The Evening-------
Last night, Vogue Italia‘s Franca Sozzani staged an exhibit at the Italian Trade Commission celebrating—you guessed it—Italian fashion. The free-thinking editor mixed old and new, asking eight up-and-coming directors to present their fashion film spin on some of Italy’s biggest names, from Prada and Giorgio Armani to Missoni and Versace. “We chose the brands, they chose the clothes,” Sozzani said at yesterday’s exhibit-turned-party, wearing a bold print dress by emerging Italian talent Stella Jean.
“Everybody is Italian tonight!” exclaimed Calvin Klein’s Italo Zucchelli. True enough, the party had the likes of Joy Bryant, Amanda Hearst, and Johan Lindeberg showing off their Italian side—if only for the night. DJ Mia Moretti held out her Ferragamo clutch and Fendi shoes like an badge of honor.
Guests clamored inside the space, where digital screens broadcast each of the films. Headphones allowed them to listen in. Ann Dexter-Jones pointed to Carlo Lavagna’s An Italian Adventure, which had its Dolce & Gabbana heroine swimming in the Mediterranean. “I want to be in Sicily in that one,” she said.
- First Karl, Now Cannes: Creatives Can’t Get Enough of the Old West
- Runway to Red Carpet: Dress Hems Are on the Rise
- Required Reading: Parsons The New School for Design Releases Its First Book
- Regarding Susan Sontag: A New Doc on Her Force of Personality and Brainpower
- #CookingWithZac: Zac Posen’s Passover Chocolate Mousse With Hazelnut Oil
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more