Introducing Our New Home Page-------
Good afternoon. If you’ve just logged on, you will have noticed a new look to the Style.com home page. That doesn’t mean a redesign of the site as a whole, but we thought now was the right time to apply a couple of key structural improvements—and a fresh coat of paint—to our front page.
There were two main things we were looking to address. We wanted to better showcase the lush fashion imagery that accompanies many of our features, and we wanted to provide clearer access to the wealth of content our editors and contributors produce every day. At the top of the page, you’ll now find a beautiful extra-wide rotating unit that cycles through our street-style bulletins, trend and shopping guides, party reports, and other daily features. Below that, you’ll see clearly marked, automatically updated feeds for our fashion and beauty news stories as well as the Style Map posts from our sixty global correspondents. The page also has dedicated spots for new sections like The In Cloud, our real-time rankings of the fashion universe’s brightest stars, and popular favorites like our runway show coverage. We aimed to make the new Style.com home page easier on the eye and easier to use.
As we approach our fifteenth birthday next year, we’re committed to keeping Style.com as fresh as ever. In addition to Style Map and The In Cloud, we recently introduced The Fashion Tracker, Clique to Buy, a number of new video series (do not miss Throwback Thursdays with Tim Blanks), and—better late than never—a proper, lightning-fast mobile site. And there’s more to come in the next few months. We welcome your feedback about the new home page and the rest of our new initiatives below. And we’d love to hear about other new features you’d like to see on Style.com in the future.
- Dressing for Fame: Penny Lovell Talks Working With Taylor Schilling, Sex and the City‘s Lasting Influence, and More
- Editor Obsessions: Rainbow’s Cheap Fashion Thrills
- Summer Fridays: Out of Office With ArtBinder App Founder Alexandra Chemla
- Through Cédric’s Eyes: Devon Aoki in Jeremy Scott
- The Jungle Book Gets the Hollywood Treatment, a Reason to Toast to Kate Moss’ Breast, and More of the News You Missed Today
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more