Post-Paris, New York’s Party Circuit Is Back on Track-------
Just when you thought that the peak season for air kisses and fashion chitchat had passed, wham!—along comes one of those New York City weeks that’s chockablock with events. Time to get your nice clothes back from the cleaner, where they’ve been sitting since your return from Paris, and refresh ye olde manicure.
Monday-night festivities included a dinner on the terrace of the Gramercy Park Hotel celebrating Charlotte Ronson’s collaboration with Vogue Eyewear, hosted by Eva Mendes.
Tuesday night found London-based Isa Arfen designer Serafina Sama throwing her first-ever Stateside bash at hot spot Omar’s. She drew quite a photogenic crowd, including her stylist, Valentine Fillol-Cordier, who flew in for the occasion; model/activist Kyleigh Kuhn; and host Kate Foley. Later that evening, action moved to the Fat Radish, where Antwerp-based designer (and Woolmark Prize-winner) Christian Wijnants presided over a family-style meal of celery pot pie and monkfish curry. (Just the hearty thing for the start of a cold snap.)
Family-style was the name of the game again on Wednesday night, which saw Assembly New York serving up farro and roast chicken at the fantastic new restaurant Dimes, on Division Street. Assembly ringleader Greg Armas and dinner hosts Ana Kras and Devendra Banhart mixed it up with the crowd. Meanwhile, down the road on Canal Street, Sea designers Monica Paolini and Sean Monahan were hosting at home and had cooked dinner themselves. The potatoes were particularly delicious: onion, rosemary, and lots and lots butter did the trick, according to Paolini. Worth getting the clothes back from the cleaner for.
tags: Ana Kras, Assembly New York, Charlotte Ronson, Christian Wijnants, Devendra Banhart, Eva Mendes, Fat Radish, Greg Armas, Isa Arfen, Kate Foley, Kyleigh Kuhn, Monica Paolini, Sean Monahan, Serafina Sama, Valentine Fillol Cordier
- EXCLUSIVE: Scott Sternberg Spills About Canceling His Spring ’15 Show
- Yohji Yamamoto Makes Us Want to Be a Part of This Soccer Team, Chelsea Handler Goes Out With a Bang, and More of the News You Missed Today
- Claire Goldsmith Keeps It in the Family
- Dressing for Fame: Kemal Harris, Stylist to Robin Wright and Idina Menzel, on Making Sure Her Clients Never Show Up Naked
- Humberto Leon Weighs In on Natasha Lyonne’s Custom OC Emmy Awards Dress
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more