Runway to Red Carpet: Dior’s Floral Frocks and a Rising Star-------
From galas to premieres, the celebrity set had plenty of reasons to dress up this week. At the 2013 Whitney gala in New York on Wednesday, all-black Louis Vuitton frocks were a favorite, with Dianna Agron and Michelle Williams wearing crystal- or bow-embellished iterations, respectively. Earlier in the week, red-carpet regulars Marion Cotillard and Natalie Portman selected floral looks from Christian Dior’s Spring ’14 runway. The former wore a strapless silver jacquard number to Elle‘s 20th Annual Women in Hollywood celebration on Monday, while the latter paired a black cashmere top with a floor-grazing skirt for the world premiere of her film Thor: The Dark World on Tuesday in London.
On Friday evening, Lupita Nyong’o took to the red carpet in a black Resort ’14 Christopher Kane dress at premiere of her film 12 Years a Slave during the 57th BFI London Film Festival. A rising star (in the sartorial and silver-screen sense), Nyong’o has a commanding presence. And, judging by her recent sartorial winning streak (last week’s Miu Miu look was quite a stunner), we have a feeling that this newcomer will soon be a fixture on many a best-dressed list.
- Beyoncé and Sky Ferreira Favorited Label, Obesity + Speed, Draws a Crowd in Brooklyn
- Editor Obsessions: Barbour Bedale Jacket
- Kesha, A$AP Ferg, and More Reveal All in a Hilarious New Haim Video; Tom Hanks Tops the App Charts; and More of the News You Missed Today
- Selfie Promotion: Timur Kim’s New T-Shirts Are a Social Media Addict’s Dream
- The Ice Bucket Just Got Much Chicer, Thanks to Gisele Bündchen and Mario Testino
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more