Runway to Red Carpet: Dior’s Floral Frocks and a Rising Star
From galas to premieres, the celebrity set had plenty of reasons to dress up this week. At the 2013 Whitney gala in New York on Wednesday, all-black Louis Vuitton frocks were a favorite, with Dianna Agron and Michelle Williams wearing crystal- or bow-embellished iterations, respectively. Earlier in the week, red-carpet regulars Marion Cotillard and Natalie Portman selected floral looks from Christian Dior’s Spring ’14 runway. The former wore a strapless silver jacquard number to Elle‘s 20th Annual Women in Hollywood celebration on Monday, while the latter paired a black cashmere top with a floor-grazing skirt for the world premiere of her film Thor: The Dark World on Tuesday in London.
On Friday evening, Lupita Nyong’o took to the red carpet in a black Resort ’14 Christopher Kane dress at premiere of her film 12 Years a Slave during the 57th BFI London Film Festival. A rising star (in the sartorial and silver-screen sense), Nyong’o has a commanding presence. And, judging by her recent sartorial winning streak (last week’s Miu Miu look was quite a stunner), we have a feeling that this newcomer will soon be a fixture on many a best-dressed list.
- Marina’s Must-Have: Chanel’s Camélia Galbé Ring
- Ten Looks, One Show: The Industry’s Top Stylists Honor the Albright Fashion Library
- Punk, Algae, and the Eighties Unite in Annelise Michelson’s Fall ’14
- Emily Current and Meritt Elliott Set Out to Tell Their Denim Story
- Runway to Red Carpet: Rihanna (Also Other Stars) Steal the Front-Row Spotlight
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more