Runway to Red Carpet: Stars Swathed in Spring, and a Flurry of Dior-------
With the last days of fashion month still fresh in our minds (has it really been over two weeks since we left Paris?), we’re already seeing some of the season’s buzzed-about collections on red-carpet A-listers. The New York Film Festival closed this weekend with a screening of Her, and all three of the flick’s screen sirens stepped out in looks fresh off the Spring ’14 runways. Leading lady Amy Adams wore a figure-hugging Spring ’14 Prabal Gurung lavender sheath with a wide, plunging neckline. Olivia Wilde chose a white blouse and khaki palazzo pants from Michael Kors’ Spring ’14 runway, and Rooney Mara opted for a textured leather top and a black and cream pleated skirt bonded with black and silver foil from Proenza Schouler’s Spring ’14 offering. Last but certainly not least, red-carpet newcomer Lupita Nyong’o impressed in a fresh Spring ’14 Miu Miu frock with a kitschy parrot print at the L.A. premiere of her new film, 12 Years a Slave, on Monday evening.
Dior also made a strong showing on the celebrity circuit this week. Allison Williams, Kate Bosworth, and Carey Mulligan all chose frocks from the Parisian house; the latter donned a sunny yellow cocktail dress with a structured bodice. It was refreshing to see the (currently) brunette bombshell, who has been working with neutral tones in her wardrobe and makeup lately, play it up in a vibrant hue and striking red lip.
- The 15 Looks You Loved Most This Week
- What to Buy This Weekend: Labor Day Designer Steals
- Abercrombie Loses the Logo, Angelina Jolie’s Wedding Dress Details, and More of the News You Missed Today
- EXCLUSIVE: Barbie’s New Designer Looks by Rebecca Taylor, Tess Giberson, and More
- Get Inked: 10 Models Show Off Their Tattoos
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more