Runway to Red Carpet: A Pop Art Ka-Pow! and an Erdem Hat Trick-------
One designer won the hearts of red-carpet walkers this week, and that was Erdem Moralioglu. First up was Hailee Steinfeld, who arrived at a photo call for her new film, Ender’s Game, in Berlin on Sunday afternoon in a playful Erdem Resort ’14 frock layered with black lace and white floral appliqués. On Monday, Clémence Poésy donned a black Erdem dress adorned with floral appliqués and ostrich feathers, from his Fall ’13 runway, to the MIPCOM 2013 party in Cannes. And the following evening, Naomi Watts chose a fitted floral number from Erdem for the 2013 Take Home a Nude Benefit Art Auction in New York.
But other designers had a chance to shine in front of the step-and-repeats, too. On Wednesday night, Rita Wilson joined her husband, Tom Hanks, at the London premiere of his new film, Captain Phillips, in a black Fall ’13 Tom Ford dress with a Pop art ka-pow! motif. Nicole Kidman showed some skin in a black Prada halter gown at the Huading Image Awards in Macao, China, on Monday, where she was awarded the statue for Best Global Actress in Motion Pictures. The supersexy dress featured a keyhole cutout on the bodice, and spangly orange flowers that spilled out of the skirt’s side slit. In case anyone was wondering: She’s still got it.
- First Karl, Now Cannes: Creatives Can’t Get Enough of the Old West
- Runway to Red Carpet: Dress Hems Are on the Rise
- Required Reading: Parsons The New School for Design Releases Its First Book
- Regarding Susan Sontag: A New Doc on Her Force of Personality and Brainpower
- #CookingWithZac: Zac Posen’s Passover Chocolate Mousse With Hazelnut Oil
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more