Runway to Red Carpet: Sequined Lips and a Double Dose of Dolce-------
Last Friday night, Teen Vogue kicked off the weekend with its annual Young Hollywood party to celebrate the silver screen’s rising stars. To no one’s surprise, Kiernan Shipka ranked among the best dressed of the evening. Stepping out in a black top and silver and black paisley-print pants from Emporio Armani, the 13-year-old starlet consistently masters the fine art of appearing mature and sophisticated yet youthful and age-appropriate at the same time. Modern Family’s Sarah Hyland was also in attendance in a white Clover Canyon frock with a playful print that featured everything from colorful florals to skiers racing down the hem of the skirt.
Tilda Swinton, the master of androgynous chic, continues to nail menswear-inspired trends on the red carpet. On Wednesday evening she accepted the Douglas Sirk Award at the Hamburg Film Festival in Germany in an all-black Haider Ackermann pantsuit, accented with a diamond brooch and striking red lips. The following afternoon, Chloë Grace Moretz and Julianne Moore gave us a double dose of Dolce at the unveiling of Moore’s star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Moretz paired red heels with her blush-pink Dolce & Gabbana dress, while Moore opted for a pale yellow dress with sparkles along the neck and wrists. Meanwhile, on Thursday in Madrid, Hailee Steinfeld donned a black diamond-patterned skirt with a kitschy Markus Lupfer sweatshirt covered in sequined pouty lips to a photo call for her new film, Ender’s Game. Paired with knee-high black Stuart Weitzman boots (and bangs!), Steinfeld put a fresh twist on schoolgirl chic.
tags: Chloe Grace Moretz, Clover Canyon, Dolce & Gabbana, Emporio Armani, Haider Ackermann, Hailee Steinfeld, Julianne Moore, Kiernan Shipka, Markus Lupfer, Modern Family, Runway to Red Carpet, Sarah Hyland, Tilda Swinton
- First Karl, Now Cannes: Creatives Can’t Get Enough of the Old West
- Runway to Red Carpet: Dress Hems Are on the Rise
- Required Reading: Parsons The New School for Design Releases Its First Book
- Regarding Susan Sontag: A New Doc on Her Force of Personality and Brainpower
- #CookingWithZac: Zac Posen’s Passover Chocolate Mousse With Hazelnut Oil
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more