Shop The Look: Opposites Attract
Some things in life really are black and white—like the style set’s color palette of choice. From Tommy Ton’s street-style snaps to the latest Spring ’14 runways, black and white remains a foolproof, timeless sartorial formula. At Balmain, Olivier Rousteing whipped up oversized black and white houndstooth checks and quilted jackets; J.W. Anderson played with whisper-thin gossamer; and Giambattista Valli sent out tiny crop tops and molded, flowerlike skirts. Since spring is a bit far off, we’re looking forward to making a graphic statement with cool-weather staples like slouchy knits and flat boots. Shop our favorite black and white pieces by Givenchy, Michael Kors, and more, below.
1. Thierry Lasry two-tone acetate cat-eye sunglasses, $485, available at www.net-a-porter.com
2. Neil Barrett color-block knitted sweater, $580, available at www.net-a-porter.com
3. Michael Kors Miranda large tote with quilted gusset, $1,295, available at www.shopbop.com
4. Givenchy black and white leather ankle boot, $1,650, available at www.net-a-porter.com
5. Neil Barrett Zigzag wool-blend miniskirt, $520, available at www.net-a-porter.com